Drug and alcohol awareness
This course will introduce the main issues associated with drug and alcohol use among homeless people. You will explore the reasons for drug and alcohol use and learn how to recognise the resulting effects. You will develop your professional practice and learn skills to help you support clients who misuse drugs and alcohol.
Who is this course for?
This is an introductory level course. It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to update their skills.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Recognise the signs of drug and alcohol use
- Know how to reduce a client's distress after they have used drugs or alcohol
- Know how to help a client in adopting safe substance use practices
- Know how to help a client in reducing drug and alcohol use
- Know how to refer a client to relevant support services
- Understand the wider problems faced by clients as a result of drug and alcohol use
- Be able to help your colleagues reflect on their own values, priorities, interestes and effectiveness in dealing with drug and alcohol use among clients
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150