Education, Training and Employment (ETE)
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
For many people, gaining access to training and employment is the key to moving on from homelessness and ultimately in becoming independent. However, people experiencing homelessness often face numerous barriers to taking these positive steps. This 2-day course will help you to support your clients to overcome these barriers and access work, education or training. You will develop practical skills and knowledge, coaching tools and the confidence you need to empower your clients to take risks, step out of their comfort zones and support them through the challenges and changes this presents.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to update their skills.
What will you learn?
- Identify the needs and barriers of people experiencing homelessness in relation to education, training and employment
- Gain practical tools, strategies and activity ideas that can help your clients overcome barriers, increase motivation and achieve their goals
- Understand the importance of signposting and share team knowledge
- Be able to support your clients practically with CV writing, job applications, job searching and interview techniques
- Define what your role is in relation to supporting clients, building ambition and encouraging steps towards independence
- Understand the differences between advice, information & guidance compared to using a coaching approach
- Practice and utilise transformational coaching tools and communication approaches to challenge, motivate and encourage your clients
- Identify what “work readiness” and “in-work support” could look like
Note: Following the training, each delegate will receive a pack with CV and Mock Interview templates and Transformational Coaching Tools that they can use with their clients.
St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester, M12 6FZ
Share this page
“Absolutely brilliant Trainer, who not only increased my knowledge and confidence BUT motivated me to change! Everyone needs a Syane on a Monday morning!”Brighton YMCA
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
27 Jun 2019 - 2:18pm
Embedding Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) and the Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles in an organisation
7 May 2019 - 10:11am
28 Mar 2019 - 12:27pm