A practical approach to trauma informed care
Introduction to Strengths-Based Practice
This course will teach delegates how to incorporate Strengths-Based values and principles into their work; it will enable them to recognise, and build on, the strengths of the people they work with. The course will help delegates to develop practical next steps to make existing processes and practice more Strengths-Based. The session will also look at common misconceptions about the approach and how to challenge and overcome them.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of Strengths-Based Practice.
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have direct client contact
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a Strengths-Based way.
What will you learn?
- Understand what Strengths-Based practice is
- Be able to recognise deficit based practice
- Be able to identify strengths of the people you work with
- Understand how to implement elements of Strengths-Based Practice in your service
- Understand how Strengths-Based approaches interact with other practices and processes.
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation and a further reading list.
This course was created in partnership with MIND.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
23 Oct 2018 - 12:43pm
11 Sep 2018 - 2:55pm
10 Sep 2018 - 4:43pm