Homelessness law and practice
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector who are working with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, who need support to navigate what statutory duties their clients may be owed by the council.
What will you learn?
This course will:
- Describe the key duties owed by the Council including the new duties of the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Identify how to make a homeless application to the Council plus when and how they investigate.
- Outline the duties owed to prevent and relieve homelessness and how they are brought to an end.
- Consider the requirements for carrying out an assessment of housing needs and producing personal housing plans.
- Discuss the five key areas investigated: eligibility for assistance, homelessness, priority need, intentionality and local connection.
- Evaluate how to best support clients achieve their best housing outcome.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
18 Mar 2019 - 9:42am
11 Mar 2019 - 8:00pm
5 Mar 2019 - 11:55am