A briefing for services about the particular issues affecting women who are homeless, and what sevices can do to respond to their needs. Includes a resource list and details of specialist agencies.
Supporting Women Experiencing Homelessness
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
A one-day course covering current good practice in supporting women who are sleeping rough or are in homelessness services.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who work with women.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand how gender and trauma Informed practice can be integrated into existing ways of operating.
- Understand how to support women sleeping rough and in services to stay safe.
- Understand what support can be given around domestic abuse, and sexual violence or exploitation.
- Learn about provision of support for women experiencing multiple disadvantage including mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Learn about how to support women around pregnancy and contact with children.
- Understand how to develop more opportunities for women such as peer support networks.
Share this page
Smashing, excellent training run by a very knowledgeable and experienced trainer, thank you!Delegate, at 18th May session
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
5 Nov 2018 - 9:08am
2 Nov 2018 - 8:35am
1 Nov 2018 - 5:46pm