Managing Conflict, Violence and Aggressive Situations
At a glance
Course type: Essentials Who should attend? Front line support workers, Volunteers and others
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
This course provides practical advice to help you deal with verbal abuse, threats and aggression. You will pick up techniques that can be adapted for use in you work place and learn both pre-emptive strategies and positive action that can be taken when an incident is taking place.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for frontline staff and volunteers in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- be able to recognise violence & aggression
- understand the difference between conflict and crisis management
- understand the ‘fight or flight’ response
- have a range of methods to safely manage your own reactions
- know how to manage cooperative and uncooperative behaviour
- know how to manage conflict in a range of working situations
- know how small changes to your working environment can improve your safety
- understand effective post incident management
- have prepared an action plan to help you get going after the course
Manchester - venue TBC
Share this page
"Just wanted to say how much we all enjoyed the training and how relevant it was for us."Project Manager, Streetwise Opera
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497